
Ok. There are a few things to mention in this week's blog. 1st of all...I skipped my meeting on Sunday. I had a horrible week last week I felt like. The gym was closed due to the ridiculous weather. I tried to work out at home and did on 2 days but it just wasn't the same. I didn't feel like I did my best not to mention that I pretty much ate what I wanted on Friday and Saturday. So, I skipped it due to my swollen eye and bad self esteem.
Now we are back on track. I have worked out the past two days and I'm officially loving it. I'm so glad that I have gotten past the "this sucks" phase of working out. I think they say it takes a month to create a habit. I'm wondering if this is why I felt so crummy last week....because I couldn't work out. Weird!
Last night I tried "Turbo Kick Boxing". Not only does this sound incredibly intimidating to me. I knew I was going to feel like a complete idiot because lets face it, I'm a girl and I most likely punch like one. But, once the music started going...I no longer cared. And everyone else looks stupid too. haha! This has been by far my absolute FAVORITE class. I never thought it would be, but its amazing cardio and you are using every muscle in your body.
I also did Pi-Yo on Monday which was a new experience. Its a combination of Pilates and Yoga. It moves a little faster than yoga but its still very soothing and relaxing to do. Very "Zen" if you will. It was definitely what I needed on Monday after the week I have been having. That is sad to say because it is only Wednesday.
Working out has definitely become my release. I remember a time when I used to run 2x a day and I absolutely loved it. These classes are doing that for me. It gets me off my rear end, out of the house, and I'm doing something good for myself. Its about time! I have been lazy for too long!
Tonight is the Bootcamp Conditioning class which I'm hoping doesn't get cancelled because we just got MORE SNOW. What is up with that? I live in Texas people....we dont get this much snow. Anyway...if the gym is closed then I'll be forced to do my old school Power 90 "Beach Body" video in hopes that I burn some calories.
Just for those that are interested...I dont even know if people read this but the "gym" I go to is really a dance studio with adult fitness classes.
No comments:
Post a Comment